Ivysaur shares many traits with its prevolution Bulbasaur except larger. In fact one of the few diiffrences is that the bulb has bloomed into a bud with 4 leaves sprouted out of it. Other than that it shares its body type, color, and facial features though slighly more pronounced.
Like other grass starters it has the ability Overgrow. It is said that when its aroma gets stronger the bud's blooming is near.
Gender Ratio: 12.5% female, 87.5% male
Sp. Attack: 80
Pokelathon Stats Edit
Speed 2/2 Power 2/3 Skill 2/4 Stamina 4/5 Jump 3/3
Weaknesses and Resistances Edit
Normal1x Fire2x Water0.5x Electric0.5x Grass0.25x Ice2x Fighting0.5x Poison1x Ground1x Flying2x Psychic2x Bug1x Rock1x Ghost1x Dragon1x Steel1x
lv7 Leech Seed
lv9 Vine Whip
lv13 Sleep Powder/Poison Powder
lv15 Take Down
lv20 Razor Leaf
lv23 Sweet Scent
lv31 Double Edge
lv36 Worry Seed
Tm09 Venom Shock
Tm10 Hidden Power
Tm11 Sunny Day
Tm16 Light Screen
Tm32 Double Team
Tm36 Sludge Bomb
Tm48 Sing a Round
Tm49 Echo Voice
Tm53 Energy Ball
Tm75 Sword Dance
Tm86 Grass Knot
Tm94 Rock Smash
Breeding Moves Edit
Skull Bash, Charm, Petal Dance, Magical Leaf, Grasswhistle, Curse, Ingrain, Nature Power, Amnesia, Leaf Storm, Power Whip, Sludge, Endure, Giga Drain.
- It is the first evovled pokemon in the national dex.
- It is the only second stage grass poison pokemon that doesnt need an evolutionary stone to evolve.
- As of now it is the only second stage grass starter with a secondary type.
- It is the only Generation I pokemon that names begins with I: Ivysaur.
- Its name is a combination of Ivy and dinosaur.